Situated in the Irish Sea, equidistant from Great Britain and Ireland, the Isle of Man is an independent, self-governing Crown Dependancy, which is not part of the UK.
A modern, progressive country, which offers residents an exceptional quality of life, the Island has posted average annual growth of around six per cent for more than 25 consecutive years and is one of Europe’s most successful economies.
The Isle of Man operates a standard zero rate of corporate tax and the higher rate of personal tax is just 20 per cent, which is capped at £115,000 per annum, irrespective of earnings. There are also no capital gains, wealth or inheritance taxes, which make the Island an ideal tax-neutral location for you and your business.
The Isle of Man’s economic diversity, favourable taxation structures, political stability, AA+ Sovereign Credit Rating, world-class telecommunications infrastructure and highly skilled workforce have all helped secure its reputation as a leading international centre and business-friendly environment.
In addition, the Island’s unspoiled countryside, excellent education and healthcare systems, vibrant cultural and social scene and wide variety of leisure pursuits combine to make it one of the highest quality of life destinations in Europe.
Benefits of moving or establishing your business on the Isle of Man
- Zero Rate Corporate Tax
- GDP Growth 7.5% (2007 – 2008)
- World-class infrastructure
- Just one hour from London and most major UK cities by air
- Accessible and supportive government
- “AA+” Sovereign Credit Rating (Moody’s and Standard & Poor’s)
- Stable, diversified economy
- Numerous government grants, incentives and business support schemes
- Highly skilled workforce
- No restrictions on property ownership